I like making lists for everything including my wardrobe. The list keeps me focused and helps to avoid impulse buys unless I fall in love with something.
This year I need just a few things to be happy and well-dressed (well so I say). They may not always compliment each other as far as the list goes, but will certainly work as much needed additions and finishing touches for the things I’ve already got.
1. Silk loose-fitted shirt in ivory or white, two front pockets. It’ll probably be an investment piece because a shirt of this nature is timeless and goes with pretty much anything. I’m thinking fitted dark blue jeans and high heel sandals for the day or pencil skirt with pumps for whenever. This shirt would also look beautiful with the item no. 2
2. Cigarette trousers in charcoal grey, ideally wool with 5% lycra.
3. Red suede high heel pumps, very classic, no platform, made for walking. Shape-wise they need to be sort of Zanotti meets Marant or similar to those D&G pictured above. Shoes like these can be worn with anything – that’s the best thing about them.
4. Platform sandals with that combine three different shades, one being tan. The thought behind is that they would look beautiful with jeans (hems rolled up) and classic trench or very feminine summer dress, so the finished look isn’t too “Stepford Wife”. KurtGeiger Spring 2012 collection looks very promising.
5. White blazer. I don’t have one, I want and need one and I hardly ever wear black, hence the choice of colour. I’ll be happy with anything as long as it’s not made of poly or linen.
6. Floral dress. It’s a tempting piece of own not only because it’s the essence of summer and femininity, but also I’m finally breaking into the prints area – I’m still pretty new to prints, but I’ve got a craving for them.
7. Pleated knee-length skirt from Reiss. It became an obsession since I wrote about the spring 2012 collection a couple of weeks ago. It’s so Chloe Spring 2012 and I love it.
8. Statement necklace. I’ve been looking for my perfect piece for ages and decided that this year is the time to get one. Lets just hope me and the necklace will find each other sooner rather than later. Boticca is a good place to start as they have one-off and unique pieces.
9. Sunglasses that suit my face and budget. Very classic shape.
10. Plastic fantastic accessories, most likely some bracelets in every shade of gelato. It’s possible that I’ll just make them. Otherwise will probably shop in Mango, FOREVER21, or Accessorize or something. Ebay is also a great source for one-off pieces suitable for both 5-year-olds and Prada and Dolce loving fashionstas.
And that’s about it. I know a lipstick or two will make their way to my bag at some point, but really I don’t think I will be needing anything else. What about you? Do you have your own list for 2012 or, say, spring/summer?
Photo source: Marie Claire Russia April 2011