It’s amazing how many significant (and not so significant) events can happen in a short space of time – some were totally unexpected and others – much anticipated and important for they will certainly become a part of the history of fashion.
So here is a little fashion digest. From me to you.
* The image above is my favourite photo of the week that belongs to the Rochas Resort 2014 collection.
* Following his exclusive interview published in the July issue of Vanity Fair, John Galliano talks candidly to Charlie Rose discussing his childhood, most excited fashion moments, addictions, regrets, betrayal and friendships. A must see.
* H&M did it again. The new collaboration between the high street brand and Isabel Marant will be sold in shops and on-line on 14 November. Anticipate affordable prices, first ever Marant’s for men ready-to-wear and the longest queues in history.
* Emma Hill packs her Mulberry bags for good and will be leaving the brand after finishing the Spring/Summer 2014 collection due to be presented in September 2014.
* The new and most comprehensive biography of Alexander McQueen, Alexander McQueen: The Life and the Legacy by Judith Watt, is due to be released on 27 August 2014. Pre-order your copy here.
* Another title many will be excited to get their hands on is Dior Impressions: The Inspiration and Influence of Impressionism at the House of Dior inspired by art and Dior creations and published to accompany the Impressions Dior exhibition presented at the Musée Christian Dior in Granville. The book features beautiful works by Monet, Renoir, Degas as well as stunning couture gowns.
Photo source: Rochas Resort 2014 via style.com, Lou Doillon in Isabel Marant pour H&M campaign, Emma Hill, covers of Alexander McQueen: the life and the legacy & Dior Impressions